Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pondering with a Purpose - Roll

Welcome to Pondering with a Purpose -
 This is my weekly hop where I post a prompt and you get to write to it on your - come back here and add it to my linky and then we all get to go read what you wrote!
I started Pondering with a Purpose because -- simply put -- I am a writer - - that is what I do (I just can't help myself)! And although I love following all the hops, I wanted to see if I could bring out some creativity in not only myself, but some of my blogger friends as well.

The rules are really easy:

1. Grab the Pondering with a Purpose Badge (in my sidebar)
2. Look at the week's prompt
3. Post something on your blog that relates to the prompt - it can be a story, a poem, a picture -- anything you want it to be.
4. Come back here and add the URL from your post to the linky list below.
5. Go check out the other bloggers who have added their links to the list.
6. AND most of all.... Have fun!



Today's prompt is: Roll


I was watching the news and saw a big rig literally roll over during a tornado. Not only was I stunned, but it made me realize that Roll have multiple meanings.

Many people eat a roll with their dinner at night or they make a sandwich on a roll. You roll up a sleeping bag and sometimes you sleep on a bed roll.

Or how about to roll a ball, or marble, or coin.

And then there is the hair roll ...

But what I don't get.... why are they hamburger rolls and hot dog buns?

Would love to read your comment or your linked up post... or better yet... both!

Happy Pondering

7 comments:

  1. Inspiring as usual! Love to blog along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair roll - wouldn't have thought of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hair roll looks like Princess Leia was having a bad hair day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...I immediately thought of Princess Leia too when I read hair roll.

    But we call them hamburger buns up here -- not rolls.

    And of course, being me, Rock and Roll baby! :)

    and now I'd better get rollin on my own post!
    see what I did there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This prompt made me think of my Dad. My Dad was absent, though we loved each other. My mother made it difficult for him to see me much. I missed him most my life, and sadly will miss him the rest of my life. He passed in 2004, without my knowledge. The song that has always made me think of him is, "(Keep On) Rollin' with the Flow", by Charlie Rich. With Father's Day upon us, this is particularly emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A day early for next Pondering -- just stopping by to let you know I tagged you in my Old School Blogging ABC meme. No pressure of course. <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a gift... thank you!